Tuesday, June 1, 2010

RESTING IN HIS FAVOR......


Noah found something in God that we too can have today. Noah was a real person - not just a weird guy who built a big boat saving his family from the destruction that came in the form of rain for 40 days and nights. What did Noah find? He found God’s favor ~ another word is GRACE, which in this passage is ACCEPTANCE with God.


I don’t know about you ~ but I’ve wasted too much of my time wondering if I was acceptable to God. I have tried to get his attention by the “good” deeds I was doing hoping to achieve something; when all along His eyes were upon me with affection and acceptance.


The key element I want to bring to light in this passage is that Noah “found” Grace. The Hebrew word for find is “matsa.” To “matsa” is to find, secure, acquire, get, meet, encounter, learn, to come upon, or light upon. Nowhere in those defining words do you find “work” or “strive.”



Noah was a man unlike those of his generation. That in itself says a lot about Noah. Consequently, there was a contrast between Noah and the people on the earth at that time. Man had become wicked and “every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.” The Lord was grieved that he had made man and Jehovah’s heart was filled with pain.


But there was Noah…… whose name means “rest.” He was a just, lawful, righteous man and perfect, meaning without blemish, complete, full, and sincerely undefiled in his generation. Noah didn’t work to find God’s GRACE. He came upon it and rested in it as he pursued God and His purposes.



His very name reveals how we too can find God’s GRACE. Our lifestyle as Believers must be one of resting in God by walking every moment of every day trusting in His amazing, overcoming, overwhelming, unconditional, steadfast love and acceptance. The result of consciously involving Him into our life is that God’s eyes of favor are upon us. You don’t have to “DO” to have his eyes upon you...ever.


Stand undefiled in this generation resting in the fact that You are God’s favored one. You are acceptable to Him, not because of what you do, but because of who you are before Him.


I know a woman who, every time you ask her how she is, she says, “I am highly favored by God.” Tell yourself today - I’m God’s favored one and His eyes are upon Me. It will change the way you see Him and the way you see yourself.



“But Noah found FAVOR in the eyes of the Lord.”
Genesis 6:8

2 comments:

  1. As in the days of Noah, so are we--striving to find the rest of God. The way is narrow to enter in, but once there we find wide, open spaces where we can run and hide and let Him find us--in Himself. Thanks for sharing. I needed to be reminded of His favor today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Melissa:) You know... so much of my life was about winning my parents' acceptance and approval and unknowingly, I projected this upon my perfect Heavenly Father who is unlike our earthly flawed parents. As I move into the latter years of my life...(pushing 50).... I want to "rest" more and strive less in who I am before my God. Thx for reading...

    ReplyDelete