Monday, March 15, 2010

Justified freely by His GRACE....

Many years ago, as a young driver, I had a heavy foot. One day, I acted very irresponsibly and consequently was cited for driving too fast in a school zone. I was devastated over what I had done and worse yet, what would my father do and say? My next thought was, “how am I going to pay this fine?” My father did not take pity upon me nor did he offer to pay my ticket. He was very disappointed with my actions and offered no quick remedy to my situation. I had to take full responsibility for my actions which was a lesson I needed to learn. As difficult as it was, I found a way to satisfy the debt.


In contrast, there is a man named Jesus who took pity upon me and my sin and 2000 years ago, he died on a cross, shedding his innocent blood because he knew I had no way of getting out of this debt I owed. His blood was the ransom that set me free for all the offenses and consequences of a life of sin against God. He did this out of extreme loving- kindness towards me and the whole world. He didn’t put shame upon me even though I deserved it for all that I would ever do in my life that was against him. He paid my fine. It’s like right across my forehead …. the words “NOT GUILTY” are forever engraved.

If that wasn’t enough, he further made sure there would never be a ticket with my name on it filed in some drawer somewhere. No… he destroyed all evidence of crimes committed by me. He paid everyone’s fine out of his sacrificial love for mankind.The amazing thing is that now I’m in right standing with God - the place God always wanted me to be. Sin no longer separates me from my Creator and loving Father.


This too can be your testimony if you have accepted this pure gift (GRACE) from God the Father to the world.


“…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his GRACE through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus….” Romans 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment