Thursday, March 25, 2010

FINDING FAVOR IN HIS EYES.....


“Your servant has found FAVOR in your eyes and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life.”
Genesis 19:19

There was a man named Lot in the Old Testament who was the nephew of the Patriarch, Abraham. Lot was a righteous man, according to 2 Peter 2:7, living in a very ungodly city called Sodom. The wickedness of the city was so great that God revealed to Abraham his plans to destroy it.


Abraham pleaded with God not to destroy the city if there be at least ten righteous people. Evidently, there wasn’t even ten righteous because God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah; however, God sent angels to rescue righteous Lot and his family. Lot and his two daughters were spared, yet his wife became a pillar of salt because she looked back (Gen.19:26). Lot spoke the following words to the two angels. “Your servant has found FAVOR in your eyes and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life.”


Lot’s response to the angels would sound something like this in today’s language: “I must really be special to you that you’d be so kind and spare my life.”


GRACE is a gift from God. We can’t earn it. Lot did NOTHING but receive God’s acceptance of him. God sent the angels to spare Lot’s family and mercy was extended. He was spared, not because he deserved it, but because of God’s kindness that he continually exercises on the earth even to this day. Shouldn’t our response to God be the same as Lot? How many times have we too been rescued by God, not counting our salvation experience which is in itself the highest form of Favor.


Thank-you Father that I, your servant, have found FAVOR in Your eyes and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life from destruction just like Lot. You’ve taken me out of the darkness and brought me into Your marvelous light (Col.1:13) not because of anything I’ve done to deserve it, but because of who YOU are.

No comments:

Post a Comment