Sunday, April 25, 2010

HE NEVER LEAVES US.....



Today I had a “menopausal moment” that was really a little longer than a moment. My husband and son were participating in an up-hill race called “The Summit.” They both did extraordinarily well and I was soo proud of both of them. From that exhilarating high of emotion later came anxiety that led to tears for no real reason. Suddenly, I just wanted to be left alone. But, my family would have none of it. They stayed in the car with me till I could pull it together. I told them to go on knowing they were hungry. Food was awaiting them after the race, yet they were determined to stay with me as long as necessary.


Just by them staying showed how much they loved me. They could have gone on and satisfied that ache in their tummys, but instead they lingered by my side. Even though I acted like I didn’t want them with me, they refused to go and leave me alone.


It makes me think of Jesus who never leaves us ~ Never! Even when we don’t seem to want him around… he refuses to go because He made a promise to those who know Him to never ever leave us…”Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you“ Hebrews 13:5. In the Greek, this scripture basically means Jesus will never, certainly not, by no means relax, loosen, give up, leave you. Jesus will neither abandon, desert, leave you in a difficult situation or hardship, or helpless, totally abandoned, utterly forsaken, or ever leave you behind.


You may say, how can Jesus be with us if He is no longer on the earth. That’s true that Jesus is not in physical form on earth today, but before He ascended to heaven, he lovingly shared with His disciples that He was sending the Counselor to be with them forever - the Spirit of truth which is Jesus in Spirit form. He told them that He would not leave them as orphans (John 14:17). So, even though Jesus ascended to heaven, he kept his promise to send the Holy Spirit to live in them and in all who would believe in Him today. Jesus, in the form of Holy Spirit indwells and empowers the Believer today.


What a gift of love is the Holy Spirit living within us. By repenting of sin and committing ones life to Him - Jesus comes to live in your heart. He is committed to you. There’s absolutely NOTHING more important to Him than YOU.


Even so, you may say to Him.. I don’t want You; I want to be left alone. But, just as I said to my family today and they didn’t listen…….Jesus knows you really need Him and he’ll plead to be with you because He loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). Whether you’ve never known Him or you’ve slipped away from Him….. Either way, you can open wide the door of your heart today and let him come in and share the remaining “moments” of your life. There’s really nothing more important to Him than being with You!



No comments:

Post a Comment